The Big Purple Build
We are on the move!
For the last two years, we have been planning to replace our current premises at 60-62 Preston Road. Although this building has served us well, it's no longer big enough for us to deliver services to all the women and children who need us and it is a prefab construction which is approaching the end of its life.
So all the staff, volunteers and Trustees have been involved in working with local architect Helen Smith of LNS Partnership to design a new, purpose built women's centre which is bigger, better, more environmentally friendly and will help us offer more services to local women and children.
The new centre will be on the site of the old church on the corner of Bilton Grove and Preston Road next door to the community centre. With full planning permission already in place and fundraising moving on, we hope to appoint a contractor in the new year and start construction in Spring 2017.
The new building will have:
- A bigger Nursery - room for 18 children instead of 11
- A bigger charity shop which will be an integrated part of the building
- Two training rooms instead of one so we can run more courses
- A large meeting space for our groups, including our Girlz Only group
- A Laundrette so local women don't have to travel to do their laundry
- More room for volunteers to look after women visiting the centre
- Four one to one rooms for us to support women in private
- Some clinical space for women to see medical practitioners when needed
- More office space for our growing number of staff
- A Pram Park
See the plans below!