WHAT IS AFFORDABLE JUSTICE?
Affordable Justice is a new service based at the women’s centre on Preston Road - the first one of its kind in the country.
We want to ensure that women can access legal advice and representation by offering affordably-priced, non-profit making legal services, provided by qualified solicitors who are experts in this field. You do not have to live in Hull to access this service. Our hourly rate is £59/hour and we can help you with payment plans or to access your local Credit Union. Our Affordable Justice service is led by Sue Sedgwick, a Hull solicitor experienced in family law. Sue and her team can help you with:
- Divorce, Separation, Cohabitation - resolution of relationship breakdown
- Non-molestation orders to provide some personal protection for you and/or your children.
- Occupation Orders to regulate who lives at the family home, to help you and your children to live in safety.
- Representation in Proceedings concerning child arrangements.
- Specific Issue Orders – for example for the return of a child who has been forcibly removed.
- Prohibited Steps Orders – for example to stop the other party from removing the child from the care of the Applicant.
While legal proceedings are underway, we are also able to support you and your family with our other services, including domestic violence support, safe housing and nursery provision. You don’t need to come to the Women’s Centre – the team can meet you in a location convenient to you.
You can read about the experiences of one of our clients in this interview she gave to the Hull Daily Mail illustrating how our service helped her to get the right outcome for her and her children
For more information visit the website at www.affordablejustice.co.uk or call us on 711003