We are always in need of quality items to sell within our Rainbow Charity Shop; we manage to do this with the help and support received from the local community who regularly donate unwanted items. If you have anything you wish to donate this can be done in a variety of ways - pick the one that suits you the best.
1. You can go directly to our shop, opening times are 10am-3pm Monday to Friday (volunteers permitting)
2. Drop them off at our Centre, open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
3. Telephone our Centre for the donations to be picked up by one of our volunteers, this will be arranged by our receptionist using a timetable
What we can take
- Shoes, handbags, ties, belts, accessories
- Bedding, curtains, tablecloths
- Prams and Pushchairs
Any unsuitable clothing and shoes that are not fit to be worn again are sold on to a company at a price per kilo; this includes bedding, curtains, tablecloths, underwear, clothes, shoes, textiles. These must be bagged up and labelled as RAGS.
What we have to say NO to
- Electrical items
- Office equipment
- Crash helmets
- Computer equipment
- Roller blades
- Skate boards
- Medical equipment
- Car seats
- Anything broken, dirty, incomplete or unsafe
There are some other items we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons. If in doubt, please ask the shop before donating.
We have an EBay site, anything electrical and in working order can be put on this. It brings in extra funds to pay for services within the organisation. Please help us to help the people of Preston Road Estate by donating clean and undamaged goods; the money raised in the charity shop is essential income to keep the women’s centre open.